I think fall is one of my fav seasons

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Steve_of_sandspoultry, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

It has been in the mid 60's during the day, mid 40's at night. Fire going in the fireplace... don't really need it yet but it's nice. Home made chicken cooking in the oven, the house smells great. First day of deer season yesterday, Sharon and I sat on the stand last night and didn't see a thing but the sunset was wonderful. Extra blankets on the bed so we can burrow down in and snuggle. It's doesn't get much better. [​IMG]

Steve

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Yup. My favorite time of year. Chickens start laying again. Electric bill goes down. The pool is nice and cool. Next month we'll put a fire in the fireplace. And at present there is a nip in the air. It's 4PM and 88 degrees outside. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.[​IMG]

3. crazyhen

crazyhen Overrun With Chickens

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    Here is why I like fall.
    [​IMG]
    I also like the fall weather. This is side of my drive to my house. Gloria Jean
    PS got my first full dozen eggs today. Yeh!!!!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  4. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Fall is one of my favorite seasons! There's leaves turning colors, school staring up, NaNoWriMo, hot chocolate and stew, cold, brisk temperatures... I just love it all!

5. Organics North

Organics North Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2009
    Wisconsin Northwoods
    Indeed the best of seasons...
    Me as an "earthy" person like fall the most:
    Harvest time! Prepare for winter..Decide if you are going to live or die... Many mammals mate this time of year.. It is the make or break live or die season, Many living plants and animals give their "bounty" to those that choose to survive the winter... It is indeed a good time to live, or die if one chooses... I love the spirit of "Halloween" in the air.... The colors that have come and gone, the barren trees, the cool nights, the darkening days... all in preparation for winter...
    Compost piles to be made, preparations for the next spring with increasing light..

Indeed the best time of year.. The begining of the next year.. .
    [​IMG]

ON

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

It got down to about 60 outside with a cold wind, and Ken made a fire in the fireplace. Not needed but nice and it smells so good. Now it is almost 80 in here. 56 outside. I am going out to cool off! [​IMG]

7. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Yep you gotta love fall in Texas Low 64 High 87. But the leaves are falling. I'm not complaining because the weather has been great. Just need rain.

8. 2chickenrich

2chickenrich Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2008
    Perry, Georgia
    yea I'm loving this weather too!

9. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Absolutely my favorite season! [​IMG]

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member