I think having chickens may have saved my house

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by citychickx6, Aug 27, 2011.

1. citychickx6

citychickx6 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    Today we had our electrician here to give us an estimate on running power to my coops. What he found was that my drier wire was rather burnt at the breaker. He fixed that (no charge). [​IMG]

I do believe that if I had not gotten chickens my house very well could have burned to the ground. I have a bad habit of starting the drier and going to bed. I do not think I will be doing that anymore.

All Hail the life saving chickens! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Fluff-n-Feathers

Fluff-n-Feathers Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2010
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Glad you found it before you had a fire. Close call!

Imp

4. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Your chickens are HEROES!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Glad you found it now rather than too late!

5. citychickx6

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    Lol they really didn't do much. BUT if it were not for having them we would not have found there was a problem.

End result... We are getting a new breaker box and all new breakers. The chickens get power. The house remains standing and we all get to keep on keepin on.

Thank Heaven for small wonders. I think I should give them all some extra special treats today.

That breaker should have tripped from how charred that wire was. It was even burning into a hot wire next to it. [​IMG]

I saw that and almost [​IMG]

6. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

You aren't civing your Hero Chickens enough credit! [​IMG] If it weren't for them sending you ESP chicken style, you'd have never called in the electrician. [​IMG] Hey, our chickens will take care of us in the time of need! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. chiefdgp

chiefdgp Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2011
    Give those chickens some treats!![​IMG]

8. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  9. citychickx6

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    Update:

Today a new breaker box was installed and underground wire is done to the coops. Tomorrow both coops get power.

I must once again thank the chickens for being here. If it weren't for them there is no telling when it would have burned to the ground. IMO it was not a question of if.
    [​IMG]

I would [​IMG] them all but I would only get [​IMG] in response. [​IMG]

10. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Name your main rooster "Hero" in honor of their achievement! (And be sure to post his pic for us to see!)

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by