1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I think he's a Blue Wheaten Ameraucan

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by motorboat, Feb 2, 2013.

1. motorboat

motorboat Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2012
  2. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

He bears some resemblance to a blue splash wheaten Ameraucana, but he does not have the slate legs of a true Ameraucana, and I'm sure someone with a better eye for show quality can tell you he looks more like an Easter Egger. He's still very handsome, however.

3. NJchixs

NJchixs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2012
    Jackson, NJ
    His legs look green to me, therefor it would be an Easter egger, regardless of his feather color. He is handsome though and I do see his fluffy beard.

4. motorboat

Dec 31, 2012
    OK, thanks. Yes his legs are more green than slate (which I think is darker greyish looking or light black?). It's so bizarre to me that he looks exactly like that Ameraucana on that website (there's one on here that he looks exactly like too) except for the legs. How the heck does that happen? Anyway, he's my special boy. I bought him from a rural feedstore in July. He was so small and they told me he was a she so up until about October I thought he was a she then he started changing dramatically and it became obvious he was a lil roo.

For the last month or so he's had this horrific looking nose problem. I've had to clean out his nose for a month then apply anti-fungal anti-bacterial ointments. He gets handled every day and like a good boy he tolerates it for the most part but it can't be easy. It must be like going to the dentist two times a day. Poor thing he's the last chicken I got so he's low on the pecking order too. He needs a break. He's in full blown rooster mode now though. He's strutting, calling, crowing, trying to mate (most attempts fail - see video).

5. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    if he has snot and a fowl odor then its a repertory problem that needs antibiotics.

the fact that you got him from a feed store alone tells you he is an EE along with his leg color

6. motorboat

Dec 31, 2012
  7. motorboat

Dec 31, 2012
    His legs/feet

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by