I think I’ve been reading too much

Leonard4

Songster
5 Years
Jan 16, 2017
Suburbs of Chicago
I’ve been following BYC on Facebook and another backyard chickens page, and now I’m super overwhelmed! Mites, prolapsed vents, sour crop, eggs that are stuck...what have I gotten myself into!?Do these things happen a lot? I mean, I know that every animal has things that can go wrong, but I guess I wasn’t thinking about all that. Maybe we should have started with 1 instead of 4. I hope we can keep these little ladies alive!

Attachments

• 36B7C271-A94C-4655-B74E-79D3E3DF5569.jpeg
    36B7C271-A94C-4655-B74E-79D3E3DF5569.jpeg
    427 KB · Views: 8
You’ll be fine! You started with a nice amount and if you started with only one you’d have a whole slew of other problems. Mites are a normal part of chickens but easily treatable. Reproductive problems are usually found in production breeds but can happen to any hen but it isn’t a normal thing. Nearly all of it is preventable with the right diet and routine. Relax and enjoy your pullets!

You’ll be fine! You started with a nice amount and if you started with only one you’d have a whole slew of other problems. Mites are a normal part of chickens but easily treatable. Reproductive problems are usually found in production breeds but can happen to any hen but it isn’t a normal thing. Nearly all of it is preventable with the right diet and routine. Relax and enjoy your pullets!

X2 Definitely

:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom