I think I’ve just about identified all of our new additions, but still looking for a couple IDs

ckenny4

Chirping
Apr 23, 2019
We added 6 more chicks to our flock earlier in the spring and know most of their breeds and genders, but are still questioning a few. here’s a video of them today:

Mostly I’m wondering about 3 of them:

For the 1st chicken in the video, Priscilla - the buff chicken with the lovely hair, we are guessing that she is some sort of Sultan cross since she doesn’t fit the color profile, or a silkie of some kind as she has feathered feet and 10 toes… but I’m not sure. Any opinions?
1032315D-E2C6-4E6A-ABC3-1030059267D0.jpeg

I’m also wondering if others agree that the second chicken (the black australorp) is a cockerel, or if it could just be a pullet with large combs and wattles. He’s Edgar right now, but it just doesn’t seem to fit.
1FDE4D2D-3CD5-446B-AE0B-6D4BB8B8CD8B.png
AB749DAA-613B-4998-A394-9871BE47A740.png

Finally, I’m looking to see if anyone had any guesses on chicken number 6, who still has yet to be named. S)he seems to have a pea comb developing and almost looks like she has a light Brahma neck, but no feathered feet. The rest of the patterning just keeps getting prettier, but she looks nothing like anything I’ve had in the past. I’m also not convinced that it is a pullet.
0CB97832-9E4F-4EAF-A773-ABAA4EF9ED0D.png
4C6FCE83-BA03-46BF-96C2-0024607A1790.png

As for the others, the third in the video, Sammy, is a known Rhode Island Red barnyard mix pullet from a separate hatcher than the others. The fourth - Betty - is a white bantam pullet, who is at least 50% serama according to the hatchery, and the fifth is an ayam cemani pullet named Lydia that we sought out specifically.
I’d love to hear any other opinions!

We added 6 more chicks to our flock earlier in the spring and know most of their breeds and genders, but are still questioning a few. here’s a video of them today:

Mostly I’m wondering about 3 of them:

For the 1st chicken in the video, Priscilla - the buff chicken with the lovely hair, we are guessing that she is some sort of Sultan cross since she doesn’t fit the color profile, or a silkie of some kind as she has feathered feet and 10 toes… but I’m not sure. Any opinions? View attachment 2744252

I’m also wondering if others agree that the second chicken (the black australorp) is a cockerel, or if it could just be a pullet with large combs and wattles. He’s Edgar right now, but it just doesn’t seem to fit. View attachment 2744253View attachment 2744254

Finally, I’m looking to see if anyone had any guesses on chicken number 6, who still has yet to be named. S)he seems to have a pea comb developing and almost looks like she has a light Brahma neck, but no feathered feet. The rest of the patterning just keeps getting prettier, but she looks nothing like anything I’ve had in the past. I’m also not convinced that it is a pullet.
View attachment 2744255View attachment 2744256

As for the others, the third in the video, Sammy, is a known Rhode Island Red barnyard mix pullet from a separate hatcher than the others. The fourth - Betty - is a white bantam pullet, who is at least 50% serama according to the hatchery, and the fifth is an ayam cemani pullet named Lydia that we sought out specifically.
I’d love to hear any other opinions!
Age? Bottom one of the pictures is a cockerel

Back
Top Bottom