1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I think I am a hatchaholic, come join me??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CelticOaksFarm, May 4, 2011.

1. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    So, I think I have a problem, you see two of the bators below are set to hatch starting tomorrow through next week. So I am now on the hunt for mre eggs. Isnt that what any hatchaholic would do?

[​IMG]

2. gfcm

gfcm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    Florissant
    Holy Cow! You ARE a hatchaholic! lol

I can see where this might become addicting, though. And I'm only on my 1st now...

3. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    You're not alone [​IMG] Just finished a hatch yesterday with 18 chicks & I have 2 more incubators with eggs in them. One has 42 eggs (EE, RIW, & Dom x) going on lockdown Saturday & the other has 7 Standard Bronze turkey eggs that were give to us. I ordered a dozen Turken eggs Monday & 3 Peafowl eggs today. Oh, I almost forgot the 3 goose eggs under a broody that are due to hatch Saturday.

Hello, my name is Michelle & I'm a hatchaholic

4. GrannysRoost

GrannysRoost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Casa Grande
    I put my first in the incubator today, not sure what will happen, but anticipating...and looking for eggs after...I agree this is addicting, chickies rule [​IMG]

5. YYZ

YYZ Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2010
    Maine
    Do you "hatchaholics" have enough room for all the little peeps?[​IMG]

6. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    I hath ducks and chicks and live on 3 acres :) so lots of room to spread out as needed. lol

7. OkChickens

OkChickens Orpingtons Are Us

Dec 1, 2010
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    Incubator + Hatcher
    [​IMG]

Door open on Incubator
    [​IMG]

Top tray with 2 Dozen Eggs in Hatcher
    [​IMG]

Middle tray with 6 Dozen Eggs Hatcher
    [​IMG]

My eggs in the bator are 1 dozen Guinea eggs, 2 dozen Duck eggs and 6 dozen Olive eggers.
    In the hatcher are 4 dozen Welsummer Eggs, 18 Araucana eggs, and 1 dozen Duck Eggs.

HAPPY HATCHING!

Nate

8. hennypenny99

hennypenny99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Hugo, Ok
    I think I am a "hatchaholic" too! I just finished up my first hatch & it was successful! So I am moving on and now I have a dozen guinea eggs in my bator and am adding Indian Runner and Pekin duck eggs in a few days. All are shipped eggs so I hope it's successful. I was thinking I need a second incubator... you know.... just for hatching... lol! I would probably fill that one too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by