I think I am going cry!i

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LegginMF12, Jan 21, 2012.

1. LegginMF12

LegginMF12 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Yucca Valley
    I set my shipped eggs last night..... and now the power is out do to the winds. I am not home so I can't really do much about it. This bites!

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

If it were me I'd just keep turning them by hand and put them back in the incubator when power is restored. Maybe they haven't really started up yet.

After all a lot of egg collecting is done on hot days in the summer...hopefully your babies will be alright!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  3. LegginMF12

May 2, 2011
    Yucca Valley
    I am at work. I won't be home until 11:00 tonight.

4. Syharrison

Syharrison Out Of The Brooder

Dec 7, 2011
    i went out and my incubator magically turned its self off came home an astonishing 8 hours later to find them, i went crazy, couldnt fix the incubator for an hour, didnt give up hope and sorted it, a third of them hatched. so try to have a bit of hope at least.

5. Syharrison

Syharrison Out Of The Brooder

Dec 7, 2011
    p.s. i leave new eggs in the incubator for the first 2/3 days without turning them it apparently helps them "set"

6. ChickensAreSweet

Yes, as syharrison says- don't give up hope. I don't let eggs rest after shipping but have heard that this is good for them. I think you have a good chance for a hatch!

7. LegginMF12

May 2, 2011
    Yucca Valley
    I think this hatch is
    toast. Power went out at1:30 and won't be back on until tomorrow afteroon. Sigh...........

8. silkielover5

silkielover5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2011
    Hudson WI
    I had 2 eggs I had a hen sitting on. It was like the middle of December. The night before they were supposed to hatch she left them. That morning I found them frozen solid. I put them in a fish tank with a thermostat and a light bulb they literally defrosted within minutes and the next day they hatched don't give up hope they still might have a chance

9. ChickensAreSweet

That is amazing! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. dbcooper02

dbcooper02 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    SW Washington
    I bet the eggs will be just fine. When the power comes back just start again as if nothing happened. Candle on day 7 or so and see what you've got. Always give them a chance. Don't give up without trying.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by