1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I think I am going to have to cut my ear off, yaaaay for work peeps

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Steve_of_sandspoultry, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

I just can't take it anymore. I used a public phone at work today and the person before me had either taken a bath in perfume or had some kind of hair "thing, rub, grease" on and since 10 am this morning I have been smelling it. I went to the bathroom at work and rinsed, wiped and still it's there. Off to the shower shortly and if that doesn't work......... off goes the ear

Keep your smell to yourself, [​IMG]
    Steve

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Could have been worse as in BO.

3. chickaddict

chickaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Bristol
    that would truly gross me right out

4. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Quote:BO I can walk away from, I worked in a shipyard and was in the military for many years and have worked with non bathers, non teeth brushers, heavy smokers. I'll take any of them over the lingering, heavy perfume that doesn't go away any day. [​IMG]

Steve

5. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:ditto

6. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Hmmm... I didn't realize Mom was taking a trip East...

7. SallyF

SallyF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    I worked in a school office. One of the women there was so sensitive to heavy perfume/aftershave that if anyone walked in wearing it she would immediately head for the window and open it. When I saw her do that, it was my cue to get to the counter and wait on that person. Some people were so noted for their scents that she would open the window as soon as she saw them drive into the parking lot. I know what you mean, Steve. Some of those scents just stay with you. Good luck with the ear!

8. silkydragon

silkydragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2009
    ohio valley
    what good would cutting youre ear off do? lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by