1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I think I am loosing my mind!!! (pics)

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by KarenP, Oct 20, 2011.

1. KarenP

KarenP Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Westport
    My polish pullet has been getting pecked and she has a big bald spot on her head! I went out and bought some blue kote. I read that this would help it avoid becoming infected and maybe stop the others from pecking at her. When i went to lock them up i noticed one of my roo's pulling at her head. I don't think he intended to be mean, he was pulling gently, maybe he was amazed with her purple head! Well, he now has a purple beak!!! I brought her in the house and put her in the isolation cage. She wouldn't stop screaming to go back with her flock. Well.....i decided to put her hair in a pony tail and cover the wound. Check it out. Do you think this might work or am i going crazy???
    [​IMG]

This is usually what she looks like!! She had such a beatutiful head of feathers!!
    [​IMG]

2. seamsewnice

seamsewnice Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2011
    novel idea!!!!!

3. shelleen

shelleen Out Of The Brooder

Sep 27, 2011
    It never hurts to try!! If nothing else, maybe he'll be intrigued with her new "do" or entertain himself with the ponytail holder!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by