I think I broke my little toe...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BarefootMom, May 19, 2011.

1. BarefootMom

BarefootMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Half Way, Missouri
    At least it is summer and I can wear flip flops. Yesterday morning I was walking through our living room and ran my little toe into my daughter's high chair. I hit it so hard it moved! My toe hurt all day and last night even when I was just laying bed and not moving. I have never broken a bone before and I know they can't do anything for toes. But it really hurts today. The inner side is purple and swollen. It hurts all the way to my heel. OUCH! Doesn't help though when I fed the chicks this morning one steped right on my toe- I almost dropped the bucket of feed! My cat keeps walking on my toe too. It is so painful I can't move it which is really weird. On my other foot I can move all of my toes individually but I can't move this one so I am thinking it must be broken. DH laughed at me but he hasn't seen it today. Maybe he will now believe me that I think it is broken.

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Barefootmom.........Ya might need some house slippers! haha I'm the same way, the shoes and socks come off once I get home......I think you can tape your toe to the other toes and that might stabilize it (or make it hurt worse.....) [​IMG]

So sorry about your boo boo! Prop that foot up if ya can, and maybe ice it. (A bag of frozen peas works well.)

Take care,
    Sharon

3. bt03

bt03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Over the rainbow...
    I once worked for a deli and dropped a canister of coke on my foot, it broke my little toe so I know your pain. For the first few days anything that touches it, including a sock, will make you want to die but when you can stand the pain tape it to the next toe to help it stay still. Don't put it up unless you can put it down again slowly because the blood rushing into it will hurt like crazy! Ice it as often as you can to help numb it. Sorry this happened but I'm glad it happened when you can wear flip flops because putting it into a shoe for at least 2 weeks is a killer [​IMG]

4. Caat

Caat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    BC,
    ice, tylenol, advil... that's about it. I broke 2 toes one week appart... it sucked cuz I worked grounds keeping...

5. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    A little ironic you call yourself "Barefootmom"?
    Speedy recovery to you!

6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:[​IMG]

My thoughts exactly! Maybe you should change your name to 'alwayswearssteel-toesMom'??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by