I think I experienced my first goose hissy fit.

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Denninmi, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Denninmi

Denninmi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    I took the oldest one out for a little lawn time for about 15 minutes, and when I needed to take her back in, I picked her up, and she had what I can only describe as a hissy fit, little wings and legs going, and peeping/squawking at me. She obviously did NOT want to get off the grass and go back into a boring brooder.

las, dad has a lot of work to do today in the garden and can't babysit all day long.

Now, knowing that geese have a social order and are very intelligent, I said to myself, "if this were a puppy, what would I do?"

The answer was -- do exactly what I was doing, and let her know that she isn't the boss. So, we went in, back in the brooder. I do believe I got the goose equivalent of the chicken stink eye, but I won.

2. ChickyChickyBaby

ChickyChickyBaby Barefoot Bantams

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Goosehaven

Goosehaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    It only gets worse getting them back to the brooder at night until you turn them out [​IMG] I am struggling with four more goslings for about 2 more weeks and then they should be ready to go out with the others. I sure get my exercise and work up a sweat now getting them in every night. I'm sure the neighbors get a good show if they are watching. lol

4. Lamar Estate

Lamar Estate Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    I'm so glad someone else is experiencing this. How do they go from being my little sweetheart one second to Mr. Crabby Pants the next?

I'm NOT alone!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by