I think I get to pick up my FREE coop today!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by LittleDarlings, Aug 1, 2011.

1. LittleDarlings

LittleDarlings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Madison, GA
    I'm so excited!! [​IMG] A friend from church had given all his chickens away and was left with the coop. He heard I was getting chickens and asked if I wanted to just come and get his. Ummm, YES!! [​IMG] So my Uncle is in town with his big work truck and trailer. He said he would go with me to get it!! I am so blessed to have these amazing people in my life! [​IMG] Now to get my brooder set up and then order the feathery fellows! [​IMG] (My friend's wife said that their coop is so ugly it could possibly bring down my property value! [​IMG] I don't care! I [​IMG] FREE!!

2. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    paint goes a long way , esp mismatch at hd or lowe's [​IMG]

3. juliaaa

juliaaa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    Syracuse, New York
    How exciting!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

4. Hawkeye95

Hawkeye95 Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree, paint it! It can't be that bad? You could even add some cuteness to it by doing a bit of landscaping to it. A few bushes, flowers along the outside...? I bet you can work with it! Post a pic!!!

5. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Maybe your taxes will go down.

6. no1hilbily

no1hilbily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Maybe your taxes will go down.
    i like that one

7. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    OH, congratulations! That's wonderful! I agree, a coat of paint can do wonders. I used your typical red barn color (actually it was called barn paint), on my used coop that I bought from Craigslist, and I replaced some of the wiring, and it looks as good as new!

Good luck and I know you will enjoy raising chickens. What breed are you interested in? Anything in particular?

8. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    Depending on how it looks you can get free old shutters, cheap or free paint, a couple cute signs and make the coop look great. Never underestimate a chicken owner on a mission!

9. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    woot! [​IMG]

10. stubbornhill

stubbornhill Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Shapleigh, Maine
    Quote:Now that would be an added blessing! I always have said, "I can make any house a home" and I bet you can make any chicken house a chicken home. Yes, you must show us before and after pictures.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by