I think I got it this time

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sonew123, Apr 24, 2009.

1. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    since my first hatch was a flop-I decided to act as if my new hatch doesnt exist-except for checking humidty and temps--I put 3 of my eggs in a few days ago and 30 eggs from THEPATPAW last night-Iput them in and dont look back. It is VERY stress relieving not to worry 24/7. I have 2 more egg packages showing up today? Ill let them sit and put them in and keep doing what Im doing-temp/humidty checks a few times s day and that's it. day 10 Ill candle ( since its a staggered batch) day 10 I will be able to tell if they are all keepers. then not until day 18-to clear out the rest that did not grow-I keep telling myself-ignore ignore ignore...its working so far-and if all goes well ill have lots of babies-that will be the way I will do my incuabtions from here n out! I have OCD..not really but I do with this new hobby-trying to chill out and enjoy them not fry myself out!!! [​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I'm on my 2nd hatch, and while I had more keeps on day 18 than last hatch, I have less hatching.

It can get discouraging but the 9 that have hatched so far are gorgeous.

3. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Im sure ill get to the state where when I enter near day 18 Ill have to take the turner out-game on!!! Wishing you the best hatch...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by