I think I have 3 roos...what do you think?

TheJuan-n-Only

Songster
9 Years
Sep 10, 2010
Tampa
Ok I have a swap coming up at the end of this month and I would like to take my roos. With that said, I need your help finding them!! lol I think I have 3...but I'll leave it up to up! Thank you in advance for your help.

#1 OE 8/9 week old. Picked her up at a swap...

DSCF4817.jpg

DSCF4805.jpg

DSCF4835.jpg

#2 7/8 week old production red (hatechery RIR)...got her from the same lady as the OE at the swap

DSCF4829.jpg

DSCF4828.jpg

#3 6 week red (hatechery RIR)...from the feed store

DSCF4821.jpg

DSCF4820.jpg

DSCF4806.jpg

DSCF4854.jpg

#4 Australorp 5 week old...same swap

DSCF4818.jpg

DSCF4819.jpg

#5 EE 6 week....feed store, fethering slower than the other 2

DSCF4858.jpg

DSCF4831.jpg

#6 6 week ee...feed store

DSCF4812.jpg

DSCF4856.jpg

#7 6 week EE...feed store...larger comb than the other 2...

DSCF4826.jpg

DSCF4808.jpg

DSCF4834.jpg

Thank you for looking...what do you think?

So, I just sat here for like the last 5 minutes staring at the picture of bird #1 thinking "That's not an Old English. Old English don't have beards." Then it dawned on me that OE stood for Olive Egger. Sheesh. Sometimes these initials get me. Anyways. What kind of comb does #1 have? If that is a pea comb, then I think that one might be a roo. 3 and 7 are roos for sure.

oh boy.. I have looked and looked.. I am not 100% sure about anyone actually
sad.png
I really felt 3 and 7 were boys but 3's comb is so pale and 7 doesn't yet have those reddish patches I would be thinking it would have.
hmm.png
I would keep them a bit longer unless you are seeing behaviors that are very roo-ish too.

Quote:
Zoo, that was my thinking on #3 yes it has a big comb, however, is so pale in comparison to #7...

Hmm Roo'ish behavior...#1 always has been "the boss" but she/he is the oldest and largest so I expected that. #7 has given #1 a run for its $ from day 1 figting for roosting spots...# 3 joined on the madness once in a while...so who knows! lol

I may just keep them until we start getting rooster wake up calls"! I can always apologize to the ppl next door! hehehehe

Mama24....why #5? No one has ever mentioned her/him before (but I admit I was worried about the low feathering rate)

#5 b/c of the red patches on his wings. Definite roo. There are all white EE hens, but if they have any red, they are always boys. There are several threads about it in this forum if you look them up.
smile.png
If I am mistaken, and those aren't red feathers, just dirt, then it may be a she after all! But watch for red patches on the wings and shoulders of any of your EE's. That's a definite sign of a roo. #7 is definitely a boy with that comb. Plus, I see he's getting red patches. That black and white pattern is almost always male, but definitely if there is red mixed in like he has. #6 is a very girly colored EE.

Yep, 3 and 7 for sure, don't know about 5 (do you have a better picture of it's comb?), and number one has me scratching my head. I actually noticed it's legs in the picture you posted on the Florida thread, and those are some suspiciously large, rooish legs. I'm still on the fence, though. Does it have three little rows of bumps on it's comb, or just one?

Quote:
hehehe...that's poop! lol
hide.gif
She took a nap under the roost one PM and ooops! lol

I LOVE #6...she is my son's Fav too!!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom