I think I have 3 roos...what do you think?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by TheJuan-n-Only, Jul 20, 2011.

1. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Ok I have a swap coming up at the end of this month and I would like to take my roos. With that said, I need your help finding them!! lol I think I have 3...but I'll leave it up to up! Thank you in advance for your help.

#1 OE 8/9 week old. Picked her up at a swap...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#2 7/8 week old production red (hatechery RIR)...got her from the same lady as the OE at the swap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#3 6 week red (hatechery RIR)...from the feed store

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#4 Australorp 5 week old...same swap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#5 EE 6 week....feed store, fethering slower than the other 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#6 6 week ee...feed store

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#7 6 week EE...feed store...larger comb than the other 2...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you for looking...what do you think?

2. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    I think 3 and 7 are the only males. [​IMG]

3. Firearia

Firearia Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG]

4. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    # 3, 5, and 7 are definitely boys. #1 might also be a boy. The rest look like girls. [​IMG]

5. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    So, I just sat here for like the last 5 minutes staring at the picture of bird #1 thinking "That's not an Old English. Old English don't have beards." Then it dawned on me that OE stood for Olive Egger. Sheesh. Sometimes these initials get me. Anyways. What kind of comb does #1 have? If that is a pea comb, then I think that one might be a roo. 3 and 7 are roos for sure.

6. ItsAZOO32

ItsAZOO32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    Titusville, Fl.
    oh boy.. I have looked and looked.. I am not 100% sure about anyone actually [​IMG] I really felt 3 and 7 were boys but 3's comb is so pale and 7 doesn't yet have those reddish patches I would be thinking it would have. [​IMG] I would keep them a bit longer unless you are seeing behaviors that are very roo-ish too.

7. TheJuan-n-Only

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Quote:Zoo, that was my thinking on #3 yes it has a big comb, however, is so pale in comparison to #7...

Hmm Roo'ish behavior...#1 always has been "the boss" but she/he is the oldest and largest so I expected that. #7 has given #1 a run for its $ from day 1 figting for roosting spots...# 3 joined on the madness once in a while...so who knows! lol

I may just keep them until we start getting rooster wake up calls"! I can always apologize to the ppl next door! hehehehe

Mama24....why #5? No one has ever mentioned her/him before (but I admit I was worried about the low feathering rate)

8. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    #5 b/c of the red patches on his wings. Definite roo. There are all white EE hens, but if they have any red, they are always boys. There are several threads about it in this forum if you look them up. [​IMG] If I am mistaken, and those aren't red feathers, just dirt, then it may be a she after all! But watch for red patches on the wings and shoulders of any of your EE's. That's a definite sign of a roo. #7 is definitely a boy with that comb. Plus, I see he's getting red patches. That black and white pattern is almost always male, but definitely if there is red mixed in like he has. #6 is a very girly colored EE.

9. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    Yep, 3 and 7 for sure, don't know about 5 (do you have a better picture of it's comb?), and number one has me scratching my head. I actually noticed it's legs in the picture you posted on the Florida thread, and those are some suspiciously large, rooish legs. I'm still on the fence, though. Does it have three little rows of bumps on it's comb, or just one?

10. TheJuan-n-Only

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Quote:hehehe...that's poop! lol [​IMG] She took a nap under the roost one PM and ooops! lol

I LOVE #6...she is my son's Fav too!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by