1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I think I have a disease ....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rizq, Jan 21, 2009.

1. rizq

rizq Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Tennessee
    ... because I had put the bators up (on the top shelf in the closet, where I rarely see them, to try to avoid the temptation) until spring. Why? Because our new coop is not anywhere near finished; and with everyone's jobs, it might be awhile. That is why I still have 9-week-old chicks in my bedroom, complete with a cockerel learning to crow. The SS Hamburg chicks went outside into a hutch with a heat lamp, but the Seramas are still in my room.

So why is the bator plugged in and the hatcher drying from being cleaned out and disinfected? Because I had eggs on the counter [​IMG] I cannot stand to throw them out or feed them to the dogs. They are too small to be worth eating ... and I always wonder what might have hatched if I do not set them, lol.

So, the bator is up and running. The 5 eggs I have now, and whatever the buggers lay between now and Sunday, will go in the bator Sunday.

I definitely have the chicken disease and I CANNOT WAIT FOR FLUFFY BUTTS! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And to my parents ... that is not my incubator ... I do not know how it got plugged in, either ... really! [​IMG]

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    I know how you feel, Ive waited all winter long, and probaly this weekend Im gonna crank up the bator. Just to hatch a few mutts. [​IMG]

3. Fresh Eggs

Fresh Eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Lol,

Right now I am trying to restist setting eggs because I have 26 chicks coming next week!!!! Trust me, it has already boggled my parents enough!!!!

4. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Just keep saying, I don't know who plugged it in, or how eggs got in threr. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. rizq

Oct 9, 2008
    Tennessee
    At least I know they will not throw me out, lol. I do not think that I could find an apartment that would allow my dogs, rabbits, and chickens!! The chickens are my dad's fault anyway ... he started that one. [​IMG]

6. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Quote:Since the chickens are you dads fault, just blame it on him. LOL [​IMG]

7. rizq

Oct 9, 2008
    Tennessee
    Brian, another reason I had to set up the bator is that I am really hoping that those silly blue reds will decide to lay soon, lol. They are so hard to find that I am eager to get some eggs set and hatch out some little ones.

8. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    I hear you, mine hasnt started laying yet either. Hopefully it wont be much longer.

9. rizq

Oct 9, 2008
    Tennessee
    Quote:Since the chickens are you dads fault, just blame it on him. LOL [​IMG]

Oh, believe me, I do [​IMG] I never had any interest in chickens until he got some. I take care of all of their animals because his job keeps him out so much. It did not take me long to realize how much fun they are and I had to get some that I like, lol [​IMG]

We started out wanting about 15-20 laying hens and some roosters ... now we are getting close to 100 birds! lol

10. rizq

Oct 9, 2008
    Tennessee
    Quote:The combs on these seem to be getting redder, so I am hoping it will not be too much longer. I am not very patient, however, and wish they would hurry!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by