I think I have a disease ....

rizq

Songster
11 Years
Oct 9, 2008
Tennessee
... because I had put the bators up (on the top shelf in the closet, where I rarely see them, to try to avoid the temptation) until spring. Why? Because our new coop is not anywhere near finished; and with everyone's jobs, it might be awhile. That is why I still have 9-week-old chicks in my bedroom, complete with a cockerel learning to crow. The SS Hamburg chicks went outside into a hutch with a heat lamp, but the Seramas are still in my room.

So why is the bator plugged in and the hatcher drying from being cleaned out and disinfected? Because I had eggs on the counter
tongue.png
I cannot stand to throw them out or feed them to the dogs. They are too small to be worth eating ... and I always wonder what might have hatched if I do not set them, lol.

So, the bator is up and running. The 5 eggs I have now, and whatever the buggers lay between now and Sunday, will go in the bator Sunday.

I definitely have the chicken disease and I CANNOT WAIT FOR FLUFFY BUTTS!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

And to my parents ... that is not my incubator ... I do not know how it got plugged in, either ... really!
hide.gif

Lol,

Right now I am trying to restist setting eggs because I have 26 chicks coming next week!!!! Trust me, it has already boggled my parents enough!!!!

At least I know they will not throw me out, lol. I do not think that I could find an apartment that would allow my dogs, rabbits, and chickens!! The chickens are my dad's fault anyway ... he started that one.
big_smile.png

Brian, another reason I had to set up the bator is that I am really hoping that those silly blue reds will decide to lay soon, lol. They are so hard to find that I am eager to get some eggs set and hatch out some little ones.

Quote:
Since the chickens are you dads fault, just blame it on him. LOL
lol.png

Oh, believe me, I do
big_smile.png
I never had any interest in chickens until he got some. I take care of all of their animals because his job keeps him out so much. It did not take me long to realize how much fun they are and I had to get some that I like, lol
big_smile.png

We started out wanting about 15-20 laying hens and some roosters ... now we are getting close to 100 birds! lol

Quote:
The combs on these seem to be getting redder, so I am hoping it will not be too much longer. I am not very patient, however, and wish they would hurry!

Back
Top Bottom