1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I think i have a problem...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by classroomducks, Oct 20, 2009.

1. classroomducks

classroomducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2009
    Fort Worth, Tx
    So i was thinking about my upcoming hatch on the 31 and i have run into a problem. I have 9 pekin eggs due the 31. Humidy goes up turner goes off...check! BUT...my 6 remaining mallard eggs are behind my pekins by 4 days. So how can I turn off the turner turn up the humidity and still keep my mallard babies going. I cannot make/buy a new incubator. There really is not fund for it. Cross my fingers and hope for the best? Can I just turn the turner off while the eggs hatch? or does it HAVE to be the last 3 days. I can hand turn for part of the day but not at night. And that still leaves the high humidity a problem. [​IMG] I think i might have a big problem on my hands. [​IMG] Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Can you find a bator to barrow?

3. whitecra

whitecra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I would hand turn the ones that need it and hope for the best. I would think they should be fine.
    Chris

4. classroomducks

Sep 19, 2009
    Fort Worth, Tx
    the increased humidity in the last few days wont hurt them?

5. pirtykitty

pirtykitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    They are hatching on my birthday!!!!! Ya:D[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  6. classroomducks

Sep 19, 2009
    Fort Worth, Tx
    LOL [​IMG] Well then

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KITTY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! [​IMG]

7. eggybritches

eggybritches Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    I had seven runner eggs in my incubator. Six of them were set, and then I stuck another in four days later. I really didn't expect anything to happen with it (especially because I turned the turner off two days early for the other six) but low and behold, he is zipping tonight.

So you never know...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by