I think I have a problem...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by PotterWatch, Aug 5, 2010.

1. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    My boys and I got some stuff ready to sell at a used curriculum sale that the California Homeschool Network is hosting this weekend. I know we have a lot of books. I love buying books for myself but especially for the kids. We went through all of our bookshelves and took out any books we decided weren't going to be worth keeping. The total was around 300 books and it doesn't even look like we made a dent. I think maybe I buy too many...

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    No! Thats a GOOD problem!! [​IMG]
    I go on paperbackswap.com and list my books on there and get FREE swaps in exchange. They have thousands of books to choose from.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  3. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Oh honey, at least your books are educational... we've got shelves and shelves (in every room but the baths) and PILES and bags and... they're mostly all FICTION... or research for writing fiction... there are some college textbooks of DH's... and some random ones of mine... Psych, Accounting, etc. Oh, and a LOT of dictionaries in a lot of languages... but yeah, still mostly fiction.

I love half price, book rack, etc. because I can buy used, but I've never been able to sell books back... I just might want to read it again!

You are a stronger person than I!!

4. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:I didn't mention that none of the books we are selling are mine did I? [​IMG] They are all kids books or books that my husband bought for himself. He reads a book once and is done with it. I read them over and over (as long as I liked them). I think I gave up about three books of that 300...

5. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    www.paperbackswap.com I LOVE their site!

Of course for every book you mail, you get to pick out another book, so maybe it's not such a good idea for you....

Of course, you could do like I do and trade those kids books in for cookbooks.... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by