i think i hurt it-day 21 accident-PICS!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by penelope77, Jul 26, 2008.

1. penelope77

penelope77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    northeast oklahoma
    okay my hatcher needed some more water so i thought i'd reach in real quick and add some. well i have two cochin eggs on day 21 that i had little hope for. i accidently knocked a pill bottle(not a small one) off the table into the hatcher onto, now get this, just those two eggs!!:eek: one is cracked really bad so i pick it up and i'm looking at it for life and it peeps. :eek: there is a little blood spot too. i go to check the other one and it had been knocked to the other side of the box. i check it and it's cracked too but also peeping and the crack isn't so bad. is this a wait and see thing. probably. i am such a klutz.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Definately a waite and see. I hope they hatch for ya! good luck.

3. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I am so klutsy. I can see myself doing that. I have no experience with this to tell you what to do.

4. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

I will tell you that I was hatching quail eggs this summer and one was cracked and peeping and I left him. All the others hatched the next day and nothing from the cracked egg.....so (panicked) I slowed "helped" him hatch....very bloody mess.....but I took a very wet paper towel, cleaned him up and placed him back in the bator.....and 24 hours later....he was standing and chirping his lil' head off.....

..a risk, I know....good luck! I have a soft spot for cochins!!

5. penelope77

May 6, 2008
    northeast oklahoma
    these eggs were cursed. i started with six, one was broke when it got here, first time someone didn't send at least one extra, then three others never developed very far so it's just the two. i really wanted cochins. just a few. they are still alive and from what i can tell the worst of them was already in the air cell so maybe there is hope. it stopped bleeding.

6. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    There is a bloody mucous that is natural to the inside of the egg so I wouldn't worry too much about that...good luck

7. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    Just leave them be and it should be fine. Jenn

8. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    Do keep us updated on those eggs, let us know when they hatch.

I just now discovered one of my button quail eggs (day 15) exploded in my incubator- small egg, big stink. It didnt explode like the time my chicken egg did- however, the little egg cup and the two on either side of it had stinky goo inside them. SO, I decided to put them in something else.

I got the brilliant idea that I would lay a towel over the carton and turn it over all at one time to get those tiny eggs out. Yeah. Great idea- except I turned it too slow and about ten of them kinda rolled/fell out onto the table. I thought about you right at that moment. I hurried and put them in the other carton and put them back into the incubator- however two of them cracked. One is missing a chip. So, I stared at it. And sure enough, I can see a tiny beak pushing against the membrane that is visible. So apparently, it isnt a crack- its a pip. lol I hope the other one is, too. Having one explode/leak makes me wonder if they are hatching or getting ready to blow.
    I didnt expect any of these to hatch because the seller kept them a week before she even shipped them. Then it took five days for me to get them. (ebay) At least I know one of them is trying.

9. penelope77

May 6, 2008
    northeast oklahoma
    Quote:oh geesh that sounds like something that would happen to me. i call my place the house of death and for good reason. i hope they work out for you. i haven't had anything explode, yet. i'm sure my time will come.

10. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I will keep my fingers crossed for you! Let us know how this turns out. That way if it happens to us we may not lose hope if your hatch. [​IMG] Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by