I think i killed them :( im going to cry

farmgirlforever18

Songster
9 Years
Mar 5, 2010
Dublin TEXAS
its day 22 of my hatch and no peeps nothing from my babys so i was looking really close and i noticed my temp was off so i dont know how long it hasn't been working but i got a new one in there and it says temp is 97 and the humidity is 78 im going to cry
hit.gif
i dont know what to do

Last edited:
Please no crying. Maybe they can be saved. Do you have a still air incubator? or the fan kind?
I am so very sorry (hug)

So very sorry, hun if anything did happen.
sad.png
but, since it is a still-air bator, and the temperature wasn't below 95, you might still have a chance. Eggs in an incubator like that can go 7 whole days and the chicks still be fine as long as it never went below 95. When you last checked them, what was the temp? (Before the temp went off)

I'mLovinIt<3 <3 :

So very sorry, hun if anything did happen.
sad.png
but, since it is a still-air bator, and the temperature wasn't below 95, you might still have a chance. Eggs in an incubator like that can go 7 whole days and the chicks still be fine as long as it never went below 95. When you last checked them, what was the temp? (Before the temp went off)

it was 99​

I recommend bringing the temp up to 101.0 and dropping the humidity to 55 or 65.

I have an article on hatching and can e-mail it to you if you'd like. I will not keep your address in my book unless you say otherwise.

Rancher.

Back
Top Bottom