Hello, After tirelessly cleaning my coop everyday I thought there had to be a better design, so I started reading the information on BYC. I realized I did many things wrong when designing my coop except for ventilation and insulation. I had a problem with my girls pooping in the nesting boxes and laying eggs on the coop floor. So here is a picture of the way the coop was before I remodeled it. The coop is built inside of the barn on the SE corner as we have other animals housed in the barn along with another flock of pullets who right now free range in the barn,I will eventually be adding them with the older girls in a few weeks. Our automatic chicken door consists of me opening it up and propping it open with a piece of wood and then closing it at dusk lol. Their outside run is large and sectioned off into 4 quadrants so they always have fresh grass in the summer. As you can see my roosts were lower than the nesting boxes. Before I remodeled I actually removed 7 nesting boxes because like most of you I realized the girls only lay in 2 or 3 of them. I have a heating lamp and a light as well as a heated water dish and wall mounted fan that blows air out. There is also a window in the coop but I didn't get a picture of that. Now here is what it looks like after. I tore out the old nesting boxes (down to 5 now) and stand as well as the old roosts. As you can see the girls are roosting like they should be and not pooping in the nesting boxes. I just used scrap wood for the roosts and some brackets to keep them away from the wall a bit. I did all of this by myself and am very proud! Eventually I will be mounting my nesting boxes to the outside of the coop and insulating them, had too many frozen eggs so far this winter. The only way to learn is by error and I have made errors but am learning slowly but surely. It is very important to me to have happy chickens.