I think I know what she is now! (pics included!!!)

nuttyredhead

Songster
10 Years
May 3, 2010
Southern NH
I have posted before wondering what she is. I have thought she is cochin mixed with something....now i think she is Ameraucana (or EE) mixed with something!!! This is her, picture taken today! What do you think?????

DSC_0104.jpg

And another.
DSC_0105.jpg

And THIS is what she gave me today, and yesterday!!!! Hers is the green one!!!!
DSC_0086.jpg

She might be an olive egger! An olive egger is a cross between an ameraucana and a maran (most of the time). Lucky you! Somebody correct me if I'm wrong!

Wrong body type and missing the beard/muffs to be an Olive Egger.

Are you sure she's the one who laid the olive egg?

If so, she's likely a Wyandotte x EE or something similar. What color are her legs? Are they feather shanked?

Are you COMPLETELY sure that SHE is the one giving you that egg?

An egg that deep of an olive should be a F1 cross between a AmeraucanaxDark egger, or close blooded EExdarkegger -which means she would have beard/muffs - and it would be unlikely that she would be pure blue color.... I do not think she is an EE, but a hatchery quality blue cochin.

BTW, Ameraucanas and EE's are two different things. Ameraucanas are pure - a APA accepted color, muffs/beard, lay blue eggs, and certain body type. EE's can look like anything or lay any color egg; they are mutts.

Quote:
Her legs have feathers, and her legs are very dark grey (almost black).

Her is an older pic where you can see her legs! (editing to add sorry, after looking twice i dont think you can see her legs all that well....)

DSC_0176-1.jpg

Last edited:
14 chickens & counting :

She is very PURTY!

Thank you, my husband picked her out, she was 4 weeks and the "runt". She was so much smaller then the rest, not anymore! She is a good girl!​

Back
Top Bottom