I think I lost my eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by suzeqf, Sep 15, 2011.

1. suzeqf

suzeqf Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    I've had a young banty sitting on eggs for about 7 days and i candled them last night as was very excited to see that 5 were fertile and had embryos just as we got done candling the storm started it was very windy and noisy but everyone was ok since they are in the shop when i went to le them out this morning Shiver's nest was upside down and i could only find 2 of the 5 eggs and they were cold and she was fussing and landed on my head so i fixed her nest and put the two back and put her back in my hubby is going to put a few of todays eggs in with her i think ray my special roo who we think is blind and deaf on one side may have gotten upset and flew and accidently knocked it over since he roosts close to her box i'm going to candle the eggs again this evening after she gets them warmed back up to see if by some chance they survived [​IMG]

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

That's too bad.

Don't give up until you are sure. There have beensome amazing stories here.

Imp

3. suzeqf

suzeqf Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    I candled the 2 eggs that i was able to find after shivers's next was turned over and they were gone the banty egg had a small crack that i thought i could have sealed but after candling the embryo wasn't moving any more and i saw a blood ring in the reg size egg when i cracked them open both yolks were busted. I've tried to move her nest but she will not stay in it so i've put it back where it was and surrounded it with lots of bricks to keep it from being turned over and put the eggs the other girls laid yesterday in her nest and she's happy now

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by