1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I think I post too much. Food?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by amandarey20, Jan 26, 2011.

1. amandarey20

amandarey20 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2010
    Texas
    Is there a timeline I can print out or something for when chicks and chickens need to change food. I cant seem to find one anywhere.[​IMG]

2. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    I don't know of anything that is in print, but I usually change from starter to laying pellets whenever I see the first egg or the chicks reach 24 weeks of age.
    Is this what you are asking about?

3. Lesa

Lesa Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I bet it says something on your feed bags- I usually start feeding layer pellets at 17 weeks. A bit early, I suppose, but I am optimistic!

4. amandarey20

amandarey20 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2010
    Texas
    Yea there is just so many things I'm afraid to mess up with my first chicks. I want everything to be perfect.

5. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Quote:There is no such thing as posting too much! How do I know that? Because if there is, a lot of us on BYC would be guilty [​IMG]
    As for wanting things to be perfect....sounds like most of us here as well [​IMG] I also start mine on layer at about 17 weeks..

6. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

7. maizey

maizey Chillin' With My Peeps

I start gradualy mixing in layer to the starter at about 16 weeks, just a small ammount to begin with then gradually increase it each week thereafter.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by