I think I received the wrong color

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Remudamom, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Remudamom

Remudamom Chillin' With My Peeps

I ordered blue millies but after waiting and waiting for them to turn "blue" I think I just got regular millies? Could someone please tell me if I'm right?[​IMG]

2. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

I think in that case, like a blue-wheaten Maran blue is the color of the details opposed to black, instead of black it's a blue color.

3. Remudamom

Sooo.....these aren't blue? The picture on the hatcheries page showed blues roos have a grey tail, not black.

4. mkhenderson17

mkhenderson17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2010
    They defiantly look Millie. I would call the hatchery and explain to them what is going on and maybe they can help you out. Where did u get them from?

5. Remudamom

I know they are millies, I just don't think they are blues. Ideal poultry.

6. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Quote: Ideal Poultry

7. Amarisus

Amarisus Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Fallbrook CA
    Millies (I'm assuming is short for Mille Fleur) is a color not a breed. What you have are d'uccles and their color is mille fleur. There are blue d'uccles but I'm not so sure if there is such a color as blue mille fleur. There is a color called porcelain which looks alot like the millie fleur color but has lavender (self blue) in it. Maybe thats what you meant? Either way very pretty birds [​IMG]

8. Amarisus

Amarisus Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Fallbrook CA
    Hmmm That's interesting it really does say blue mille fleur...Maybe they meant porcelain [​IMG] but the pictures from the hatchery and the pictures above just look millie fleur...I've never heard of blue mille fleur but I've never ordered from Ideal either so I don't know what they're selling lol maybe both parents were blue and because of the way the blue gene works you just happened to only get black? not sure [​IMG] Oh well hopefully I at least helped a little lol

9. Remudamom

They have pictures of milles, blue milles, porcelins and some other colors I can't remember and they are all D'Uccles.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by