I think I'd like to learn how to knit...

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by A1 Steak Sauce, Nov 15, 2009.

1. A1 Steak Sauce

A1 Steak Sauce Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2009
    My House
    But the only other person in my family who knits lives in deep south Texas, so I need your help lol. So what exactly do I need and how's it done?

2. Nikki28

Nikki28 David Bowie is my co-pilot

Dec 15, 2008
    PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send you a list I made about supplies and intro. There are some great videos on you tube I'll find them now!

3. I would LOVE to learn how to KNIT! I know how to curtchet (SPELLING?!) but would love to learn to KNIT! Only person that I know that knows how has passed away a few months ago and that was my Great Grandma (yes she survived to see 4 generations)

4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Knitting is very easy - all you need is to watch a few video's and you should be good, lots of practice and no fancy furry yarns to start with.
    McCord its Crochet you do with the hook! [​IMG]

5. Nikki28

Nikki28 David Bowie is my co-pilot

Dec 15, 2008
    Here is a very helpful website http://cyberseams.com/

I taught myself which sometimes can be easier than having someone teach you since everyone has their own opinions on technique.

Just start simple and don't let yourself get aggravated it is a fun and useful craft to learn.

Feel free to PM with any questions you have along the way and I'll help if I can!

6. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
  7. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    I learned from a "kit" from the Joanns or Michale's craft store.

8. A1 Steak Sauce

A1 Steak Sauce Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2009
    My House
    Thanks yall!

9. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    My daughters using utube to learn...She lives on base in Japan and has a hard time finding any craft stuff. [​IMG]

10. ky chicks

ky chicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2009
    I learned how to knit a couple of years ago from a little book from the craft section of Wal-Mart. Knitting is all based on a couple of simple stitches, and it was really easy to get the hang of it! You just need needles and yarn to get started--give it a try!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by