I think I'm addicted to candling!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AK Michelle, Mar 29, 2009.

1. AK Michelle

AK Michelle Bad Girl of the North

Mar 17, 2009
    Palmer, Alaska
    I just can't help myself. I go in to turn them and they are just sitting in there warm and innocent and the next thing I know I got the light up against them and I'm watching them swim and play in thier little tiny rooms. I just love to watch them. I had to mark 2 as hyper babies cause they move soooo much. I think those 2 have been taking swing dance classes or something cause they are jiving all over the place. [​IMG]

2 more weeks to wait.... [​IMG]

Michelle

2. Bornacentury2L8

Bornacentury2L8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Cartersville, Ga.
    I know! Me too! I can't help it. It's too neat to watch. You are not alone.[​IMG]

3. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Card carrying member of the candling addiction club here. [​IMG]

I figure since I have to hand turn them, why not candle one or two every day!!! [​IMG] They are beautiful to watch!!!

4. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Hello mine names Liz and I am a cadleing addict [​IMG]

5. nikevijo

nikevijo HorseAholic

Apr 20, 2007
    Long Island NY
    Yup, I admit it. I am a candling addict. I try not to cause I worry about to them losing to much heat.

6. chickenlove2009

chickenlove2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Woodlawn, Tn
    Oh my gosh! me too. I was afraid i was the only one. [​IMG]

I am so glad to see more of my fellow candling addicts.

...........now the question is.......how do we stop? or atleast limit ourselves?

as if that will ever happen [​IMG] (but maybe it could)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  7. CANDLE98

CANDLE98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Meridian Idaho
    You know what is funny, I just made up my screen name when I was about 16 (i am 29 now) and I did it because I liked candles, well I just set my first batch of eggs almost a week ago and now I have a new craze, candling! My screen name now has another purpose!

8. AnniesEggFarm

AnniesEggFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Ok candling enthusiasts..... I candled on day 4 ( I couldn't help myself [​IMG] ) & really didn't see much of anything... One has a little black dot & one had what I thought was veining but now I think it is a blood circle [​IMG] We never see any of the chickens mate, so have no proof that theses eggs are even fertile.... Was it just too early, they are mainly brown & blue eggs with some guinea, 1 white tophat & 2 little white bantams?? Since starting this project I have become a ummm little obsessed...

Jenn

9. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    I can see stuff in SOME of my eggs that early but not all of them . I would give them another week and try again.[​IMG]

10. Bornacentury2L8

Bornacentury2L8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Cartersville, Ga.
    Quote:It's early. Give it til day 14 then cull if there is absolutely nothing inside. I had alot of eggs that went from little or nothing on day 6, to dancing embryos on day 14 (yesterday). Hope this helps. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by