i think i'm falling.....

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by ditto, Jun 7, 2011.

1. ditto

ditto Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2011
    i've wanted chickens for years, and finally brought home our 4 girls this spring. already, and much to my husband's discomfort, i'm dreaming up a new and improved and bigger coop, run, and the addition of many more chicks. and it's all your fault, i should stop coming here so often! [​IMG]

2. SuziQ991

SuziQ991 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    Missouri
    Oh yeah thats how I started. Been there, done that! Its a sickness I tell ya!!

3. aggie9296

aggie9296 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2011
    Panama City, FL
    Chickens are more addictive than crack. good luck! I'm fighting the urge to get some silkies...

4. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    Quote:Oh, don't fight it... they are wonderful balls of fluff, I just love my Silkies!

5. Noymira

Noymira Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    Chittenden County, VT
    It is addictive, and unfortunately, everyone on this site is an enabler.....

6. Oghdoff

Oghdoff Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    SE Texas
    What everyone above said. To add to that. Chickens are the gateway drug to other poultry. Ducks, turkeys,.......................

7. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Quote:I started out along time ago with wood duck houses in the wild. I had about 19 houses that the boy scouts built for me. I put them all over the wetlands where I hunted. In the 19 years of monitioring the houses I had wood ducks everywhere. I started banding them & about that time the bulldozer showed up & that was that. Now, I have chickens & I am starting to raise quail.

8. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    Quote:enablers? here? [​IMG]

9. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    Quote:I started out along time ago with wood duck houses in the wild. I had about 19 houses that the boy scouts built for me. I put them all over the wetlands where I hunted. In the 19 years of monitioring the houses I had wood ducks everywhere. I started banding them & about that time the bulldozer showed up & that was that. Now, I have chickens & I am starting to raise quail.

OMG now the Boy Scouts are enabling too! hehe.

10. akcharlie1960

akcharlie1960 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    Chugiak, Alaska
    We call "Chicken" when we see them in movies. If we see a coop in a neighborhood we cruise it slowly every so often trying to get a glimpse of the chickens and name the breed. I work on presentation when I take a plate of treats out to my girls. SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by