I think I'm feeding the world.

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by 7L Farm, Aug 22, 2010.

1. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    I think I'm going crazy. I feed the chickens no problem cause hopefully I'll get eggs. I feed the hummingbirds cause their neat. I feed the deer cause I like venision grain fed.I feed the squirrelsj ust to watch. I feed the birds to watch also. Does anybody here have the same problem I do. Also, I set the traps for hogs cause they tear up the hay fields. Did I leave something out LOL?

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hi 7L-

I just read your post, and I wow! You've got wild hogs running around your place?! I watched a TV show about domestic hogs that have gone wild and developed those tusks and such.....those things can be viscious! How many have you caught, and what do you do with them...Eat them?

I am so curious!

3. wpalmisano

wpalmisano Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    Connecticut
    Here's what to do. Catch the hogs, and feed them to everyone else, keeping some for your family of course.

4. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Quote:I've lost count but I do eat them & try not to waste them.I have gained allot of friends they help me with bullets corn etc. for the meat. In turn it helps me with the hay fields . Those hogs are hell on the pastures.Excuse my french. [​IMG]

5. goldeneggtees

goldeneggtees Fluffy Butt Nut

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    Wow! And I thought I was having trouble with the Starlings!

But they are eating all my feed and that has got to stop! I can't afford it anymore!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by