i think im gonna cough up a lung lol

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chickenbottom, Jun 11, 2009.

1. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Songster

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    ive been sick lately as the title can tell basicly pouring that throat spray down my throat and it works for like 2 minutes then you gotta do it again. and im just looking for any other ideas because i just dont wanna cough up a lung or two. so home remodies or how ever you spell that word. anything thanks

2. chickencoop31320

chickencoop31320 Have bator, will hatch

Sep 24, 2008
    Southeast Georgia
    peppermint candies... like starbrights. helps with a nasty throat.

Whatcha got anyways? swine flu??? [​IMG]

3. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    A nice hot bath or if you cant hide from family and kids to get that I make a hot cup of peppermint tea. It helps to break up the congestion and vicks oh yes lots and lots of stinky vicks lol.

4. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Songster

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    thats what i though but the doc wont test it unless im hospitalized i said well im at the hospital and im sitting on this bed thingy so test me and he laughed and i didnt cause i was being serious and it hurts to laugh.

5. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Songster

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    Quote:glad i live with my boyfriend and i dont have kids sadly cant but vicks im sending him to the store to get me some right now lol

6. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Crowing

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Hot mint tea
    or chamimle tea with honey
    Constantly haveing a ricola or hard candy in your mouth.
    Learning to breath shallow [​IMG]

7. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Songster

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    ive got cough drops, that dont really help and is green tea okay?

8. WalkingWolf

WalkingWolf Songster

Jan 1, 2009
    North Carolina
    Quote:Do you still have your tonsils? If so is it them or your throat? Warm salt water can be soothing and help speed healing. Other then that chicken broth has always been the remedy I turn too.

9. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Songster

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    Quote:Do you still have your tonsils? If so is it them or your throat? Warm salt water can be soothing and help speed healing. Other then that chicken broth has always been the remedy I turn too.

i do have my tonsils and it they hurt but its more of my throat. i did think it was strep (spelling) but i only get that once a year around thanks giving but the gargling salt ill try and i just ate chicken noodle soup but most of thats gone [​IMG] if you get what i mean

10. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Crowing

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Get a prescription called in for some Tessalon. It's a little clear pill that looks like a tiny bubble & it works great to stop a cough.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: