I think I'm gonna have to strangle him!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, May 11, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Four days before the wedding no less!
    We are having yet another horrible thunderstorm. My SO needs to go to town. He asks me to move my jeep out from under the carport so he can get his jeep out. Things are tight under the carport with three vehicles under it, so he can't get in mine to move it himself.
    I go out in the pouring rain and move my jeep. I have to do this slowly because the chickens are all under the carport staying out of the rain. I move my jeep out to the yard.
    His jeep won't start. I tell him to just take mine, but no! He wants to drive his jeep. I move my jeep back under the carport - again carefully so I don't run over a chicken - so he can jump his jeep off from mine. He jumps it off, but it won't stay started. The battery is just flat dead.
    I move my jeep back out from under the carport so he can drive it to town. [​IMG]
    A jeep is a jeep is a jeep! Wouldn't it have just been easier to take mine in the first place?!?!
    What is it with men and their vehicles anyhow?!
    End of rant. Thanks for reading. [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I happen to know a man and his Jeep are a close bond indeed. Silly, but true!!!

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:Never Ever come between a man and his Jeep! [​IMG]

Imp- If you want I'll drive your jeep?

Edited to fix typo

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  4. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    I have the opposite problem. My BF always wants to take my truck. I wouldn't mind, but he keeps changing my radio presets. Sure it's set to static-- because I have an iPod!

5. StrawberryHouseMouse

StrawberryHouseMouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    My hubby is the same sort of. I wanted a different vehicle then he did obviously cause every one I picked out when we was buying a car wasnt good enough. Then he took off one day with out me and came home with an over priced peice of crap. Im starting a new job soon and will need a car of my own. Every one Ive looked at so far has been unacceptable to him. Im like "Hey its my car, you dont have to drive it if you dont want too. You have your own little 2 door death trap of a clown car there. Drive it and let me pick out what I want." Im a bit more reasonable then he is when it comes to picking out things. He goes for looks, I go for something that is priced right and works relyably.

6. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    what about the honeymoon?

7. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Yeah, well my jeep is way purtier what with all the "I Love Chickens!" stickers all over it and all.
    G, we are taking my jeep on the honeymoon. He had already made up his mind that I was going to drive my jeep to the wedding venue and he was going to take the harley. Too bad, so sad Mother Nature is gifting me with more thunderstorms on our wedding day. The harley is staying home. [​IMG]

UPDATE: He just called me from town and wants to know what the model # of our vacumn cleaner is???? What does the vacumn cleaner have to do with anything????

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  8. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    I dont have a jeep [​IMG] but if I did I dont think I would mind driving someone elses. I agree if it will get me to town and back that is all that matters. Only time I worry about which vehicle goes is if something big has to be picked up otherwise the little car goes.

9. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:He's getting you vacumn bags as a wedding gift from him. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Do you know why a bride should always wear white???

So the dishwasher will match with the oven and stove.. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Marlin? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by