I think I'm in love....with Polish Crested's!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by IcarusSomnio, Jun 28, 2010.

1. IcarusSomnio

IcarusSomnio Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2010
    Vernon County, MO
    I bought three Polish Crested chicks at the swap-two blacks and a blue, white crested. I have to say...I love them! They are just too cute with the little fluffy poof on the top of their heads!

I put them in with my big blue broody girl who's mothering three chicks she hatched out. She took a look at them...then took them under her wing. I went to feed today and one was perched on her back [​IMG]

I can't wait until they grow up. The suspense is killing me! [​IMG]

2. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    They are so adorable! I'd love to have a couple but I've heard that the others will pick on them because they are different looking. Aww, my next flock.....

3. Mak

Mak Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Londonderry, NH
    I have 2 WC Polish. They are adorable! Everyone thinks they are the cutest of all the girls. Mine don't get picked on too much, but all the chicks have been together since the beginning, so if one starts to peck the Polish, they just hit back! [​IMG]

4. IroquoisEgg

IroquoisEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Fair Oaks, CA
    I just got 2 white crested black polish and couldn't resist their puffy little heads either! Soo excited to see them all grown up! We should exchange pics as they grow and try to figure out their sexes!

[​IMG]

5. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    I love my Polish. When I had to give up all of my last flock I was crushed. I loved them so much. I'm just rebuilding my Polish now. So far none of the shipped eggs have hatched for me, but hopefully when I start buying again I will get a few. Untill then I still need to look for a couple of hens or even pullets. I could hatch those little guys all day long.

6. hipeatall

hipeatall Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    I am loving these little guys too! I hatched out some adorable polish chickies about 3-1/2 weeks ago... such cutie pies! Here are some pictures I took earlier today of my sweet Polish *Frizzle* Bantams... they are from bycer TurtleFeathers
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  8. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    Polish are sooooo addicting! I started with one and now have 8 less than a month after I got my first one! Their little poofy heads are so adorable and irresistible! [​IMG]

9. IcarusSomnio

IcarusSomnio Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2010
    Vernon County, MO
    I'm planning on getting pics of the whole family tomorrow [​IMG] My camera had to charge today, I wanted to get pics of my new bunnies too.

Stupid camera, ruining all my fun [​IMG]

10. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    I have a little lone silver lace polish chick. Unfortunatly it IS difficult to keep it with other chicks, even ones its own age or smaller because they pick out its crest. It had just begun to grow back so nice and I went out there to feed them today and it was all gone again... poor baby

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by