1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I think I'm in love...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Avyron, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Avyron

Avyron Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2014
    Everyone I know is fed up with me going on about my young Anca... So I'll bug you guys instead... I've never had a boy before so don't know if they are all cheeky or just him lol but he's such a character! And I never knew cockerels actually strutted... God knows what I'm going to do when he crows properly!

[​IMG]

2. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Yep, cockerels are cheeky little things. Its cute at first, but at around 6 months it can become an issue. I'd advise reading through the many threads on roo behaviour so you will know what to expect and how to avoid the pitfalls. Please don't misunderstand me, many roos are totally fine (so i have read here on BYC) but both of mine were tinkers and i have a roosterless flock (but some very ballsy 5 week old ones, but they don't count - yet at least).

Good luck and enjoy the crowing (when it comes!!)

CT

3. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    That's a fine looking boy you have there! I hope he behaves so you can continue to enjoy him for a long time to come.

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Yes, he is a handsome boy. [​IMG] Like was stated, lets hope he behaves for you too. [​IMG]

5. Avyron

Jul 27, 2014
    I been reading up on all the terrible teen threads :p

I wasn't supposed to have a roo, he was supposed to be a she.

6. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    That happens a lot, lol.

I was noticing your avatar...that's a hedgehog, right? Is he a pet?

7. Avyron

Jul 27, 2014
    Yup she's a pygmy hedgehog.... I have seventeen :p

8. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Do you raise them as your pets or do you sell them? It would be fun to see pictures of more of them (if you care to share).

I don't really know much about hedgehogs. What got you interested in them?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by