I think its a fox

midget_farms

Crowing
13 Years
Apr 15, 2008
Dunlap Illinois
In the last 3 days I've lost 2 hens. 1 aracauna & 1 buff orp.

There were tiny dog footprints in the snow leading up to & away from the pile of feathers.

I know how to deal with coon's & what not. A fox is a different story - will a fox go into a live trap? I wouldn't want to kill him - but somethings gotta give. The hens are locked up tight at night (footprints around the coop too) so he had to have grabbed them during the day.

Footprints are way to small for a neighbor dog - they are all HUGE & never mess with the chickens. Has to be a fox.

I think the fox is too smart to go into the live trap though.

What do I do about him?

I'd rather not shoot him - coons are one thing, but a fox is different - I'd rather relocate to across the river.

We had a fox problem for a while. We never could trap him - he was too smart! We kept the chickens in their covered run for several weeks and I guess the fox moved on because we never saw him again.

I have a fox problem too.... And have been told by plenty of people (here on BYC and elsewhere) that it is impossible to trap a fox. I watch out ofr him and when he comes sneaking around I holler at him and hope to have a .22 in my hands! I have yet to get him but one time, if I had had another 1/2 a second, he would have been dead!! Annoying little bugger!!

I haven't seen him for awhile but I'm currently fighting a WEASEL!! UGH!!

Back
Top Bottom