I think I've got it...maybe :D

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by A roo or two, Oct 28, 2013.

1. A roo or two

A roo or two Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2013
    Florida
    After going back and forth on "what is it" not only breed wise but also gender with many chicken lovers and I think I might have it!

I was torn between BR/cochin/EE and barred cochin/EE. Beautifully feathered legs, a beard and muffs and barred obviously. I noticed there are these little "spikey" feathers up by the comb and after asking around and looking on line I see that BRs roos have those same feathers. So I do believe my Quinn is a Barred rock/cochin/EE mix cockerel [​IMG] (even though I can't help but still question the gender since his waddles are small but I am hoping ROO).

Here he is at 9 weeks old.
    [​IMG]

10 weeks old...his posture screams all Roo to me, I hope I am right
    [​IMG]

11 weeks old
    [​IMG]

Ugh, I tried three times and for some reason it keeps turning this picture. This one is 11 weeks also, you can really see his beard and muffs in this one.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  2. BorneHomestead

BorneHomestead Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2013
    definitely a roo, with that much comb at 11 weeks and how pink it is!

1 person likes this.
  3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    100% a rooster. He's very pretty!

1 person likes this.
  4. WalkingOnSunshine

WalkingOnSunshine Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2008
    Ohio
    No question, that's a boy.

1 person likes this.
  5. A roo or two

A roo or two Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2013
    Florida
    [​IMG]Yay, well this makes me happy. Every time I refer to him as a HE people keep saying "are you sure?" so I keep questioning what I see lol.

Thank you Wyandottes7. He has been fun to watch develop. I think he is rather pretty too. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by