I think I've made my girls mad(no eggs)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by cmoore333, Jan 30, 2013.

1. cmoore333

cmoore333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    So I have five hens who I usually get between 2-3 eggs a day.. I have blocked thier nesting boxes off late in the afternoon the past two nights as I'm tired of cleaning the poop out of it, as two of the ladies had been sleeping in them.. Now today I got no eggs ( total sad face) I'm not sure if it's because I changed there normal sleeping places and they are mad or if it's just because the weather has been cloudy, raining and just plain depressing the past few days.. I know on Friday I was so excited as I got 3 eggs:) super happy, then Saturday I went out of town and thier nesting box stayed yucky and they didn't lay a single egg, Sunday I once again got 2 eggs, Monday I got 1. So I am beginning to think its thier way of telling me to leave thier nesting boxes alone..lol

2. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    No eggs for you ![​IMG] Hens dont like to have things changed ! I got a new coop built and they were not happy and I didnt get eggs for two weeks !

3. cmoore333

cmoore333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    So I have decided they are very mad at me, and now Frank (our roster) has taken to attacking my feet... So the ladies have Informed him thant they are not happy and now he is taking it out on my feet..

4. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    ooooo! pep talk from your hens and roosters ![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by