I think I've ruined my 14 eggs!! update!!

HappyFarmLady

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 13, 2011
NE Kansas
I'm using an ancient incubator and hv been turning the dial the wrong way. Of course I didn't figure this out until 4:30 this morning when the temp was 110 (was 103 last night and I thought I turned it down). So....of course....I overreacted! Came home from work tonight and the temp was 90. Will go ahead and put them in lockdown tonight, but not expecting a hatch! Really want to buy an incubator with a set temp!!
hit.gif

Last edited:
Here I am!!! The voice of HOPE!!!! Temp and humidity fluctuations that you can fix pretty quickly, affect the hatch MUCH less at the very beginning and toward the end. You are probably fine!

Another ray of hope here.
frow.gif
I've had a temp of 110 and did hatch some chicks. It could have been like that all night I didn't know but I got 50% hatch and that was my first time.

Well, it sure is nice to have people who can give hope to those who need it. I am getting ready to do my first ever incubation and I'll probably be worrying myself silly. Glad to know you all are around to possibly keep me from flipping out!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Question, why is a chicken free on Sunday?

I hope your hatch goes great.

HappyFarmLady, please let us know how you make out.
fl.gif

Good question! I get asked all the time.
big_smile.png
It is because many people would/will not do any killing on Sunday. So if a chicken makes it to that day- he is free! But just for the day.
wink.png

But I'm free as a chicken on Sunday everyday. I don't let nothing bother me too much and I have it made in the shade!
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom