I think my baby is sick

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Dodgersmomma, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Dodgersmomma

Dodgersmomma Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2011
    I hatched an egg a week ago and my chick was doing great. He was up and running around all the time but I had to move him from my aunts house to mine (2 hour ride). He seemed fine at first but we got more chicks from my friend. They all look healthy but now mine doesnt [​IMG] he seems very sleepy and mopey. he isnt up and running around or chirpping like he normally does. Can someone tell me if its from the ride or from the other chicks? Can someone PLEASE tell me how to make him better? I have them seperated for now but I dont know what else to do. Please, I dont want to loose him. He is my first chick ever.

here are some pictures of him this morning

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb398/Dodgersmomma/aj.jpg

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb398/Dodgersmomma/aj2.jpg

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:See if you can get a product called Sav-a-chick from TSC or your feed store. you mix it with water. what are you feeding your chick? are you positive your friend has healthy chicks? how does his poo look? https://www.backyardchickens.com/LC-first60days.html

3. Dodgersmomma

Jun 26, 2011
    The poop loos the same as his. But there were differences in how they were raised. She raises her chicks outside and I raise mine inside. I dont know if that changes anything.

4. Dodgersmomma

Jun 26, 2011
    He seems to just want to sleep, he hasnt drank or eaten anything sence yesterday. He seems to be getting worse by the minute! I stuck his beak in the water and he just shook his head I tried giving him some yolk but he just layed there. he just lays there with his eyes closed slowly breathing. Please help. I have someone picking up some Sav-a-Chick but if he isnt drinking then what do I do???

5. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    Have you checked it for pasty butt?

6. Dodgersmomma

Jun 26, 2011
    [​IMG] sadly he gave up. I am so upset now! he was my first chicken that I have ever hatched. I gues that I will just consentrate on the other chicks that I have.

7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:I am so sorry your chick didn't make it, now look at your other chicks like Yay Chicks said check for pasty butt that will take them out fast. Hope your others will be healthy for you. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by