I think my chicken is getting sick

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by lrichards, Nov 6, 2008.

1. lrichards

lrichards Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2008
    I went out to let my chicks out this morning and one of the hens is making a weird noise. I can't tell if she coughing or sneezing or both. It kinda sounds like a burp sometimes and other times it sounds like a sneeze as she shakes her head. I am raising my chickens organicaly so I am trying to find out want I should do. Can anyone help?

2. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    Is she still making the noise? She may have something caught in her throught. Can you check her out and see?

3. billiebrat

billiebrat Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2008
    Altoona, PA
    I have several of my girls doing this too. Started with one a couple weeks ago. I could only get Terramycin at TSC locally. I gave that to them for about 10 days and thought we were good. Tonight, I have 3 or 4 doing it again. I am not sure what to now. I started the meds again and vitamins for lack of any other ideas at the moment. HELP!!! Please

4. lrichards

lrichards Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2008
    No, she stoped around mid morning. I am going to keep an eye on her for the next couple of days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by