I think my chicken is sick!

youtubeminer

Chirping
Jul 1, 2015
Hello my friends chicken is acting sick for the past two days. The first day she started sneezing and fluffing up and them at need I saw her out side laying in the corner of the run well we have a little coop outside and she hops up there and day two I never realize that she was missing when I let our chickens out and then I found her on our rooster so she can and then slowly ran out side to her friends so guys do you know what's is wrong with my friends chicken??

I don't know if she eats the only thing I know is she drinks water and I find her in the nesting box and a box of hay also I found her poop is blood

I don't know if she eats the only thing I know is she drinks water and I find her in the nesting box and a box of hay also I found her poop is blood
If you are seeing bloody poop, then you will need to treat for Coccidiosis.

You can get CORID at Tractor Supply. It's found in the cattle section.
Corid dosage for Cocci is 1 1/2 teaspoons Corid powder per gallon or 2 teaspoons of 9.6% Corid liquid per gallon.
Give for 5-7 days - make sure this is the ONLY water available during that time period. Mix a fresh batch at least once a day.

After the 5-7 day period and you finish treatment offer some poultry vitamins and probiotics/plain yogurt.

Make sure she drinks the Corid water and she will need to eat. If she won't eat her normal feed, offer some scrambled/hard boiled egg, tuna or mackerel.

Let us know how she's doing.

We always feed her hard boil eggs but she didn't finish it yet and very time I see her she is gasping our her and very time she eats it takes her a awhile to eat the food

Back
Top Bottom