I THINK MY CHICKENS ARE MAD AT ME :(

chickennuggt

In the Brooder
Nov 9, 2021
Central Michigan
Today I had to clean out their coop because it was getting really nasty and i had to move it to a new location. And i took them out and swept / vacuumed the coop and normally they don't get mad at me when I clean the coop but this time they got mad because i was using the vacuum and it got really loud and one of them even SCRATCHED ME :(( they never hurt me like that before. And after i finished moving their coop and cleaning they still don't trust me and one of them doesn't even let me pick her up anymore :(( how do I get my chickens trust back ??? And what should I do

Was it a hen or a roo that scratched you? And did it come up and attack you or how did that happen? I don't think chickens get mad exactly but they might have been scared by the noise. Or maybe they needed the nests. Sometimes when I'm cleaning, one or two will get impatient and they're like, "Aren't you done YET? I need to get in there NOW! Hurry up and get out of the way already!" And they'll be yelling at me and pacing back and forth. But my coop is a walk-in.

Today I had to clean out their coop because it was getting really nasty and i had to move it to a new location. And i took them out and swept / vacuumed the coop and normally they don't get mad at me when I clean the coop but this time they got mad because i was using the vacuum and it got really loud and one of them even SCRATCHED ME :(( they never hurt me like that before. And after i finished moving their coop and cleaning they still don't trust me and one of them doesn't even let me pick her up anymore :(( how do I get my chickens trust back ??? And what should I do
Give them some treats and some time. They're probably just impatient and maybe a bit spooked -- no worries.

Was it a hen or a roo that scratched you? And did it come up and attack you or how did that happen? I don't think chickens get mad exactly but they might have been scared by the noise. Or maybe they needed the nests. Sometimes when I'm cleaning, one or two will get impatient and they're like, "Aren't you done YET? I need to get in there NOW! Hurry up and get out of the way already!" And they'll be yelling at me and pacing back and forth. But my coop is a walk-in.
Hen and i tried to pick her up and she scratched me

Back
Top Bottom