I think my chickens are nerds....

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Nikki28, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Nikki28

Nikki28 David Bowie is my co-pilot

Dec 15, 2008
    My girls (Red Star pullets 10wks old) Have been quiet for the last hour I can hear them usually in the office because their coop and run is right out side the window. I thought maybe they were just sleeping but being a first time chicken owner I am paranoid so I went to the window and called to them...nothing. That was weird they normally come running when they hear me. So I called again....nothing. I felt a little sick we have coyotes, foxes and weasels around so of course I'm thinking one magically got in there and killed them all quietly.

I went out side and opened the door to their run and called them not even a peep. I took a deep breath and walked in the run. . . looking in the coop no chickens....then I noticed a little head looking at me from under the coop and Andrew (neighbors daughter named her) came walking out to inspect the situation. Finally the rest came out and looked at me like "what?"

I peeked under the coop and found a couple 'Magic the gathering' playing cards. I picked one up and Andrew went nuts until I put it down she then brought it back under the coop and the rest followed her. I don't play that game nor does Justin so how did the cards get in the coop? Why are the chickens being so weird about it?

It was really weird I wonder if I should condone this nerd behavior or get them a play station to play instead. Next thing I know they'll be playing Dungeons and Dragons.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  2. momofdrew

momofdrew Chillin' With My Peeps

that is really [​IMG] weird

3. Nikki28

Dec 15, 2008
    I know the behavior is just strange in my opinion. I just peeked they are still under the coop I wonder if they are feeling maternal to the cards? I don't know the whole thing is weird. I'm going to ask my neighbor if her daughter plays and might have brought them in the coop. [​IMG]

4. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

as long as they don't start practicing VooDoo, dancing nekkid and biting the heads off people, you're safe enough. [​IMG]

j/k
    meri

5. Nikki28

Dec 15, 2008
    Quote:LOL

[​IMG]

6. Bawkadoodledoo

Bawkadoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    Central MA
    I hear silkies are master players...

7. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
  8. Nikki28

Dec 15, 2008
    Quote:UGH worst nightmare ever!!! Thats it no computer access for them! Especially no MMO's

9. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Quote:UGH worst nightmare ever!!! Thats it no computer access for them! Especially no MMO's

OMG they'd be so busy playing that they'd never lay another egg. "Just one more quest, then I'll lay you an egg."

10. Nikki28

Dec 15, 2008

OMG they'd be so busy playing that they'd never lay another egg. "Just one more quest, then I'll lay you an egg."

"Come on I'm almost a level 30! I'll lay an egg later GAWD!!!"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by