I think my doc is trying to give me a heart attack....

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Camelot Farms, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

2 weeks ago at a visit, she shipped me off to the ER in an ambulance to have an emergency heart cath. Docs at ER say NO WAY. I was not having a cardio event. Doc called me in new meds. End up back in ER 2 days later cause new meds are freaking out my heart.

Finally get back on my beta blocker and throw out all of the Calcium Channel Blockers. I feel fine.

Today at follow up visit, she does another EKG and says she still see a blockage and tells me I need to take an aspirin a day until she can get me into the cardiologist and a stress test.
    And if I have chest pain, I should go to ER. That news alone gave me anxiety related chest pain. I just want to cry.

When I went to the ER from her office, the ER doc brought in her EKG and said 'is this what she saw that got you sent here?'

The ER doctor that saw me two days later also did an EKG and enzyme work up and said 'no cardio event'

So, now I am back to totally freaking out and not wanting to even move for fear that my heart will explode.

I'm a wreck over the whole thing. I feel like I am riding on a yo-yo....

Prayers please....

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Welcome to my world. Ken has had two heart attacks 30 days apart, yet they can find no reason why it happened.

3. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

No advice. Just [​IMG] [​IMG].

4. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

I am SO sorry!!! Terrible.

The funny thing is that you are exactly where you started, but more stressed out... and all the doctors involved and the drug companies all made tons of money.... sounds JUST LIKE our health care system.

I hope you feel better soon, and put some of those insensitive selfish jerks out of business!

5. Camelot Farms

Quote:I love ya Debi...but I dont wanna be in that world...sniffle sniffle...I just wanna be okay and not be scared. It stinks.

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Darn! Sorry about all your going through. I'd be a basket case with all stress! I'd be so scared also... [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I hope you start to feel better and they find out whats going on.. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    Watch LazyTown. It will put you into a natural stupor and you're chest pain will go away.

[​IMG]

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:I love ya Debi...but I dont wanna be in that world...sniffle sniffle...I just wanna be okay and not be scared. It stinks.

Yeah we don't wanna be in that world either. It does stink.

9. Camelot Farms

chickensducks&agoose :

I am SO sorry!!! Terrible.

The funny thing is that you are exactly where you started, but more stressed out... and all the doctors involved and the drug companies all made tons of money.... sounds JUST LIKE our health care system.

I hope you feel better soon, and put some of those insensitive selfish jerks out of business!

I have already told DH that when the bills come, dont open them....just put them in a pile cause that WILL tip me over the edge. 5 EKGS, 2 ER visits, 1 ambulance ride, 3 chest Xrays and an assortment of blood draws and lab workup. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.​

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:I have already told DH that when the bills come, dont open them....just put them in a pile cause that WILL tip me over the edge. 5 EKGS, 2 ER visits, 1 ambulance ride, 3 chest Xrays and an assortment of blood draws and lab workup. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

OOh no! You dont have Ins.?? Yeah..dont even open them up... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by