1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I think my Gosling has parvo... Any help would be wonderful!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by mxpozder, May 20, 2016.

1. mxpozder

mxpozder New Egg

May 20, 2016
    Started a few days ago the old lady said the other birds were picking on him... they tore his butt up pretty bad so I brought him in and put him in the hospital overnight to keep from pecking and release outside in the morning then he started limping a little bit so I made sure to keep him overnight again just to be safe day 3 didn't even want to walk and the limp had grown worse this morning by midday he could barely stand I was holding him up to help him drink when he sprayed very white diarrhea all over my boot I have him back in the hospital is down is coming out on his back still very quiet eating greens I have put him on A Emergen-C and electrolyte water with a sniff of baby aspirin water regimen is drinking but not as much as he should he'll eat greens here and there and snorted a little bit of muck but still very listless and tired can't or won't stand shaky and scary quiet its 1:30 in the morning here I don't know what else I can do any ideas would be most wonderful at this point I really don't want her to wake up to...

2. mxpozder

mxpozder New Egg

May 20, 2016
    Update... he's not so shaky this morning but still won't get up or move anywhere he still drinking and eating slightly trying to decide tylan would be a good idea or not still can't stand I'm trying to get him to get up and move but he won't at all I don't want to get bow-legged or anything I don't know what to do

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by