I think my hen is sick

Chickenlover198

In the Brooder
Apr 30, 2017
Perth, Western Australia
So today when I let my chickens out one of my hens was wheezing which was an 18 week old silver Sussex hen, so this afternoon I went to go cheek on her and she wasn't wheezing that much but she had a croaky throat and she was sneezing a bit so I'm guessing she is sick since it is winter in where I live.
image.jpeg

It sounds like she may have a respiratory virus. Some bacterial infections like MG or coryza and cause eye and nasal drainage, and sometimes swelling around one eye or the face. Make sure that she is eating and drinking well, or you may need to contact a vet for antibiotics.

It sounds like she may have a respiratory virus. Some bacterial infections like MG or coryza and cause eye and nasal drainage, and sometimes swelling around one eye or the face. Make sure that she is eating and drinking well, or you may need to contact a vet for antibiotics.
Today we got some medicine for her and she is getting better, she is eating/drinking well and sleeps in a box at night so the other chooks don't get sick but I think another chook in the flock is going to get sick, all of our chooks have been wormed and vaccinated.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom