I think my husband is a chicken enabler. Now my questions is, Why?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by HeatherLynn, May 25, 2010.

1. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Songster

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    Hmmm he keeps sending me links to silkie chicks for sale. He is not into the chickens and won't even pick them up and all it would mean is more work but he keeps doing it. Dang it, I think the man is wanting to buy something expensive again and is softening me up.

2. HenPen

HenPen Songster

Apr 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    [​IMG]

3. Cordon bleu?

4. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Songster

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    Yea he just sent a pic of a jade handle shaving brush. I get one silkie and he thinks he has me cornered. sneaky sneaky

5. Egg_newton

Egg_newton Songster

Jun 19, 2009
    East Central Indiana
    Yeah when I tell my boyfriend "I want...breed of chicken" or "I want a goat" his response is "so get one" I think it is all part of his master plan to use that for when he wants more trucks tractors and parts. [​IMG]

6. Oh boy, sounds like my brother. He got into the straight razor thing and started MAKING his own brushes. [​IMG]

7. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Songster

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    ALready did that pineapple, and his own scales too. I am the idiot who bought him a bunch of vintage blades to restore to keep him busy. I am also the one who is doing the finishing work on the brush handle and the scales lol. Maybe I should take him up on the silkies while the getting is good. I'm doomed anyway might as well get more chickies out of it.

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

You want an enabler, it is Ken. He started the whole chicken thing, and now I am more into them than he is. However, we go to the feed store and I grab two ducklings, by the time we leave I have 4. I didn't ask for them. Chicks?? OMG don't get me going!!!! I go in for 3-4 for a broody with a failed hatch, and we wind up with 12.

9. Well I would say buy buy buy buy till the cows come home or at least the price of the brush anyways or I would show him something justa s expensive and you can have this but I want this that is what my wife does to me all the time...

10. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Songster

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    I never want much so me getting into chickens has been a big deal for him. The only other thing I really like is antiques and generally I find ones people throw away and refurbish them. He can't really hold that one over me and request a new razor lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by