1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I think my Roxy is sick.......shes just not herself.......:(

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Justino, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    My EE Roxy hasn't been herself all day long today...usually shes all loud and running around with the others. But today shes been just standing around acting lazy....idk she just doesn't seem normal. She is eating and drinking....she also looks more round and her tail is more up than usual...

any ideas on whats wrong with her? Thanks very much! any help is very appreciated..

2. Master S.M.C

Master S.M.C Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Maryland
    Is she your head hen, she may have gotten into fight with yours and is like that to show no signs of dominance.

3. Justino

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    nope, in fact shes more close to the middle/bottom

well now shes in the egg box so maybe she was getting ready to lay a big egg or something [​IMG] we'll see how she is after she lays or does whatever in the box....

4. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    whatd she wind up doing in the nesting box?? [​IMG]

5. Justino

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Quote:idk i locked them up in the coop and she was still in there....we shall see tomorrow when i go let em out.... god i hope i dont go out there to something i dont wanna see [​IMG]

6. sammi

sammi Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2007
    Southeast USA
    did you check her vent to make sure it was clear..or have drainage or anything unusual?

7. Justino

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    well she is perfectly fine now, she didnt lay an egg or nothin.......idk maybe she ate something bad [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by