I think she's going to be okay!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by michelle89, Sep 28, 2011.

1. michelle89

michelle89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2011
    On September 17th my Pekin duck passed away and I was left with one duck. I got on craigslist right away to find her a buddy and all I could find were boy ducks. After much thought I decided not to get another duck. My reasons were I didn't want to have babies to find homes for, I was worried that a male duck would get too aggressive with my duck and the chickens since they share a coop. So I've been keeping a close eye on her and she's doing good, she follows the chickens around and me too! I think she prefers my company though! I've noticed that she has become much more attentive to me, she would just ignore me before, my pekin was my buddy. I can actually pet her and I can pull the feathers out of her nostrils. So I think shes doing fine, I just hope I made the right decision.[​IMG]

2. featheredfashions

featheredfashions Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2011
    Florida
    I'm sorry to hear your Pekin passed away. [​IMG] You're her "mama"...if you think she's doing fine...she most likely is. It's not as if she's completely alone, she does have the chickens and you for companionship. [​IMG] I'd trust your own judgment in this case. Keep us updated on how she's doing, and would love to see photos of your girl!

3. mrpekinduck

mrpekinduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    Ducky Land!
    You made the right choice and I wanna seee some pics!

4. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:You did make the right choice. And maybe next year you can get some female pekins from metzer? Lol. Keep up the great work! (i still want pics though! Lol) good luck!

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I also think you did the right thing, you can tell if they are distressed and evidentally she isn't. [​IMG]

6. michelle89

michelle89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2011
    I will post pics soon![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by