1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I think some of my birds have been found!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by JackieK318, Dec 28, 2007.

1. JackieK318

JackieK318 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    Missouri
    I just got a call from one of my friends who has a parrot rescue. She said someone called her about chickens earlier and asked about a rescue to take chickens. She said she rescued them from "abuse" in **** area of town.

I hope to God that these are my chickens! My friend told her to bring them in since she has a "foster home" for them. I'll keep y'all posted!!! I'm so nervous!!!

2. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Thats great. I hope its your birds. If they are, you should march yourself over there from this lady and get the rest of them!! Let us know, I have been wondering.

3. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I pray to god they are yours! Thats some great news

4. JackieK318

Apr 29, 2007
    Missouri
    She said she could only cage a few of them and the rest kept running away (prolly Sicily, 2 Australorps, SLW, RIR - those def. would be skittish if she was moving fast toward them).

Trust me. It won't be pretty. There better not be any children in a 5 block radius, because I have some words. I might have to take hubby with me because I won't be nice and he keeps me civil. [​IMG] I'm a little wild thing if rubbed the wrong way.

5. JackieK318

Apr 29, 2007
    Missouri
    Oh! Can I press charges or something on her for stealing?

6. picklespickles

picklespickles Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    [​IMG]

7. Mac

Mac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    South Central PA
    Just a thought, but besides your husband, someone I would definately take with me if I were you, but what about a police officer?

8. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    sue who? your friend or the lady who called?

9. mtnchicks

mtnchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2007
    Colorado
    I would absolutely press charges for theft, trespassing, etc. You could maybe get HER for animal abuse or cruelty if she isn't taking proper care of them and they are running all over her place without shelter, water, etc. Once you see if they are your birds, I would call the police to go with you to get the others. Good luck!

10. JackieK318

Apr 29, 2007
    Missouri
    I'm not suing anyone. I'm wanting to see if I can get it on record that she stole my birds. If I have to go to her house, I'll definitely take the police with me. I don't want to just have me and hubby getting them and have her go nuttier...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by