I think something is wrong with her, no clue what to do

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by davekrista, Jul 15, 2010.

1. davekrista

davekrista Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    Uxbridge, MA
    We got 6 RIR last weekend, and up until today I've been keeping my distance, letting them get used to me and stuff. I realized that they all have scaley mites so I had someone hold her while I "painted" oil on their legs... Well when we were hold one of them, she had this bright red/pink thing hanging out of her butt... All of a sudden, this gross stuff started coming out... Reminded me of like and embryo covered in goo. And there were like 3 or 4 that came out. Her bawk bawks sound aweful as well.

Any ideas about this or what to do? I have a pic but am having trouble uploading it to photobucket.

2. farmgirl77

farmgirl77 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2009
    could she be prolapsing? Did it go back in or fall on the ground?

3. davekrista

Jun 9, 2010
    Uxbridge, MA
    The red/pink thing slowly went back in, but the goo/embryo things fell out..... I don't it went completely back in, her butt area looks funny and her belly looks pink.... She won't let me near her again, so I can't see if it went all the way back in....

4. davekrista

Jun 9, 2010
    Uxbridge, MA
    still hoping someone can lend some advice and guidence....

5. chuckzoo

chuckzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2009
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Follow the directions at the top of the page and upload it here - that would be enormously helpful when trying to provide advice.

6. davekrista

Jun 9, 2010
    Uxbridge, MA
    Lets see if this works......

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by