1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I think something may have bit me

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by eggcited2, Jun 13, 2011.

1. eggcited2

eggcited2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Illinois
    Wow, I am not feeling good. Shortly ago, I felt a pain like a hot needle stabbing me in my area of my side - under arm pit. Few seconds later, felt it again, but harder. Lifted my shirt and something fell out (insect looking, but didn't get good view of what), but hit the floor and was gone before I saw what it exactly was. I am not feelng too hot now. Wierd...............

2. chickaddict

chickaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Bristol
    crossing my fingers for you - hoping it wasn't a spider

3. fried green eggs

fried green eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    My guess is a wasp of some kind. They can sting multiple times and it hurts. Feel Better [​IMG]

4. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Wet some tobacco or meat tenderizer and put on the area.

Take some Benadryl.

Been bit many times by flying insects, it will help

5. eggcited2

eggcited2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Illinois
    Not a wasp. I swell up huge around any wasp stings. Last time I got stung by a wasp, it was on lower part of my leg, most of below the knee swelled up.

Had stomach cramping, muscle cramps, ears ringing, throat felt tight for some hours after what ever it was bit, stung or ?? me.

Some sore stuff today; stomach feels sore and some muscles feel sore. Bit of headache hanging around.

6. sport14692

sport14692 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    Carencro, La
    Hope you are ok

7. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Brown Recluse or Black Widow spider, maybe? You might want to call your doctor. I hope you feel better soon. [​IMG]
    I ended up in the ER with cellulitis from a spider bite a couple of summers ago-take care of yourself, bites can be more serious than people think.

8. CupOJoe42

CupOJoe42 CT Chicken Whisperer

Apr 11, 2011
    Take some Benadryl. Put ice on it. Hope you feel better soon!

9. revolution rooster

revolution rooster Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2011
    Maryland
    If you get a black center to the bite you need to go to the doctor it could be a brown recluse. The black center is the start of your skin decaying. They can stop it before it gets bad. Hope thats not the case. Good Luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by